pregnancy massage - 60 mins £40
'feel good’ endorphins are released by the mother
during the massage and are passed onto the baby'
Pregnancy massage can be of enormous benefit not only to the Mother but also to the unborn baby. Massage during pregnancy can be a magical experience for both the receiver and the giver. It emotionally and physiologically supports a woman during a time when her body is undergoing many changes and can help prepare her body for birth. Pregnancy is a wonderful time for a woman, but with the joys of a new baby’s development comes many changes to the mothers’ body putting pressure on joints, ligaments and organs, often causing discomfort and pain.
There is ample evidence which supports the tremendous benefits of pregnancy massage. It can help alleviate aches and pains and other common health problems associated with pregnancy. Preparing for the arrival of a new baby brings much excitement, but also plenty of stress. Massage can help to reduce stress levels due to its calming effect. Further-more, research shows that the body can benefit greatly from massage as ‘feel good’ endorphins are released by the mother during the massage and are passed onto the baby.
Receiving regular massage whilst pregnant can make the mother more aware of her own body. This can help with the ability to relax during the 1st stage of labour often resulting in shorter and easier births, less pain and a lower rate of postnatal complications. Furthermore it can lead to increased breast feeding success due to the increased prolactin and mammary development.
Due to insurance requirements, pregnancy massage is only suitable for women who are in the 2nd trimester onwards (12 wks onwards).
benefits of massage in pregnancy
• Stimulation of circulation
• Lymphatic drainage
• Helps to improve constipation and hemorrhoids
• Releases muscular tension
• Helps to avoid varicose veins
• Will help aid the respiratory system
• Induces deep relaxation
• Helps to reduce emotional stress
• Helps to keep blood pressure balanced
• Massage encourages the release of oxytocin (pain reducing hormone)
• A stress-free environment is created, in combination with the mother’s healthy diet and lifestyle, in which the baby can peacefully and lovingly grow.